This one was good...really, really good!!!

Candy Man - Amy  Lane

So I took a quick peek at some reviews to try and see if I can write something that hasn't already been said. I'm not really sure that's possible, but I'll at least try and use my own words.

I know I've said this before but first off can I just say I want my own Darrin and Finn because they are both so amazing. Now I didn't say this before but I want Adam, I want to be his mother to show him what a mother should be. Loving, supportive, encouraging of their child and all of this should be unconditional. I loved Adam for the fact that in spite of everything he really never gave up. Oh he had his moments, but when you're raised not to believe in yourself...well, really? Can we not expect that there will at the very least be moments, but regardless of all that life had tossed at him, he still kept trying and how brave is that? Yeah, without a doubt if Adam had been my son, I would have moved heaven and earth to make sure he knew he was loved.

I know we can sit and say 'well he's just a character in a book.' but the truth of the matter is, he's not...he's out there somewhere, his name may not be Adam, but he's there and if you heard his story you'd know him and your heart would ache because your brain would be telling it 'This is Adam' and he needs to be loved and this is one of the biggest reasons I adore Amy Lane stories because if you think about it and look carefully beyond the window dressing you'll see the real people that fill the pages of her books. You'll see the Adams and the Finns, the Darrins and the Ricos in all their hurt and glory and who knows you might even see a bit of yourself.

'Candy Man' was just one of those stories that was incredibly in tune with my feelings and thoughts while I was reading it, maybe another time I wouldn't have felt as much or as strongly as I did when I read it this time, I don't know...I don't really care because for me what matters is how I felt this time and this time...it just felt like the right story to read and I loved it.