Apparently I saved the best for last...well, almost...

Sleigh Ride - Heidi Cullinan

I finished this book several hours ago and I'm still trying to figure out if I can possibly even begin to explain how much I loved this book. I had little to no doubt I was going to enjoy it. I know when I started reading I wasn't overly enamoured of Arthur and Gabriel...well, I just needed to know more about him. He was an unknown entity for me.  Part way into the book I realized that Gabriel was going to break me and he did.

Gabriel was a character that I found it too easy, way too easy to identify with and I quickly began to feel his joys, frustrations, anger, fears all to easily and a little more strongly than I usually do...yep, Gabriel broke me. I haven't really decided if this is a good thing or a bad thing. I'm just quietly examining the pieces and deciding what  ones I want to keep as they are, what ones I want to reshape and what ones just don't fit the puzzle that is me anymore.

As I continued to discover more of Gabriel, I also began to develop an appreciation for Arthur and how little of him, he truly showed to the world and yet became willing to give to Gabriel, I think I was a little in awe of him for this. To be strong enough to show that kind of vulnerability to someone is in my mind not an easy task.

By the end of the book I adored both Arthur and Gabriel and their story was the perfect ending to my marathon of holiday reads...well perfect almost ending, I still have one more book to go. It was suppose to be my New Years eve/day read but it got pushed back for this one after that I'm back to my regular scheduled program...whatever that is? I don't really have a clue and when it comes to reading I like that plan or lack thereof ;-)