Red solo cup, you're more than just plastic...

Grave Diggers MC: Solo - Carol Lynne

More than amazing, you're more than fantastic
And believe me that I'm not the least bit sarcastic (oh yes I am)

Oh, Solo, how I wish you'd been as much fun as the song, but then what was I to expect, you did tell me more than once that you weren't named after the cup, didn't you?

I'm not even sure where to begin with this one. Honestly, I knew going into this it would not be an epic or even fantastic read. I've read more than a few Carol Lynne books, actually somewhere in the area of 50 and in general I find them to be ok, fairly short and sometimes amusing with the occasionally entertaining moment. I would say on average her books are in the area of 100 pages.

Let's start with what I liked about this book...it was short, I liked the cover the image was a good representation of Solo and I like it when a book's cover and title line up with it's content.

So now let's move on to what didn't impress me. I don't want to say what I didn't like because given that I read the whole book that just seems a bit harsh, but in general everything else just didn't work for me. I found the story be a little bit like a quickie. A whole lot of 'wham, bam, thank you sir' and not much in terms of content and substance. In summary we've got a badassed biker who hates cops and a by the book cop who fall in love, solve a crime or two, resolve the issues of their relationship, and move in together to live happily ever after in less than 100 pages and then there's the epilogue and that's all I'm saying because 'what the hell was with that?'

'Solo' is listed as the first book in the series 'Grave Diggers MC'. To be honest I'm hoping Solo stays solo and that's all I have to say about that because at this point to say more could make my review longer that the book.