Holy hell!!! This was one freaking good read!!!

Stormhaven - Jordan L. Hawk

Ok so here's me roaring through these books dealing with the whole aliens, monsters and who knows what that are coming at me and I'm enjoying it...a lot! Or at least I thought I was and then I read 'Stormhaven' and now I know. I've just been reading the warm up.

This for me was superb!!! I loved it. Oh there were still monsters, demons or whatever you want to call them. Only this time they were more abstract and only made a very small appearance in reality. There was a lot more Whyborne and Griffin relationship...sort of, Griffin's family shows up and can I just say that was a little tense.

There was definitely a stronger psychological component to the bad guy/monster issue than we've had in previous books and about this I am not going to say anything more because I really don't know how to express it without giving away parts of the story and this story to me is just to damned good to spoil for anyone.

Before I go on about our MC's can I just say "Christina you are the best, you are a rock and conceivably the perfect friend, you are honest in your opinions and not afraid to call a spade a spade, you tell your friends what they need to hear which is hard because it's not always what they want to hear, but at the end of it all you have their back and are there for them, especially Whyborne even when you are telling him he's wrong you're in his corner and you are steadfastly his best friend. I adore you for this. For being the kind of friend that we all need."

So now about our MCs. I have thought that Whyborne and Griffin were a sweet, sexy, melt my heart couple from the get go because of each of their circumstances and the times that they live in it won my heart to see them find happiness together but the last 25 to 30 percent of this book left me a sappy little puddle of mushy happiness curled up in my bed quietly wiping tears from eyes.

I honestly can't conceive that this series could get any better than this but I am so willing to keep reading to find how if it does and how in the world this could possibly happen.