It's break time...

Necropolis: 4 (Whyborne & Griffin) - Jordan L. Hawk

I had mentioned in one of my updates that I thought I might need a break after this book and I'm thinking maybe I'm right because honestly I should have thought this story was freakin' amazing and yet, something wasn't quite working for me and I seriously think it was more me than story because this story really was good.

Whyborne and Griffin ended up dashing off to Egypt after receiving a rather cryptic letter from Christina. So now we have Christina at her outspoken, confident, assertive female best (I adore this woman), we get to meet Iskander an associate of Christine's who has secrets and what will those secrets mean to all involved in this adventure. Add in Christine's sister who reappears in Christina's life after a decade's absence. And did I mention Egypt? How much more exotic of a setting can one ask for? Add to all this the changing dynamics in Whyborne and Griffin's relationship. These two men just keep getting better and better together, I honestly adore them.

One would think that I should have been all in and riveted to my e-reader, right? But I wasn't. For whatever reason this book did not keep me anxiously reading and needing to know what happens next the way 'Threshold' did and in a way that made me sad because I really, really wanted to like this book, no scratch that I wanted to love this book like I have all the books in this series so far and for the life of me, I fail to understand why I didn't. So I've decided to take a little break before finishing this series because I want to be fair to both the series and me.

I have enjoyed this series tremendously and the only issue I can attribute to this weird dilemma of mine is that the books are historical in their setting and as I've said more times than enough historical is not my thing. So I'm thinking it's just a bit too much at once and I'm going to take a break read a couple of books that are more the norm for me and then I'll be back to finish reading 'Bloodline' and 'Harmony' before taking another short break to await the release of 'Hoarfrost' in April.

As I've been writing this I've been waffling back and forth on my rating for this book first it was 4 stars, then 3.5, then back to 4 and now...I'm going to leave it at 4 because I honestly believe the author did not fail to deliver on this one. It just wasn't the right time for me to read it.