This vampire doesn't sparkle...but...

Cronin's Key - N.R. Walker

He definitely kicks ass. We all know about the sparkly vampires. For me they are the reason I basically quit reading vampire books so much so that I haven't even been able to bring myself to got back to reading Charlaine Harris's Sookie Stackhouse series or J.R. Ward's Black Dagger Brotherhood, both of which I love, by the way.

I was pretty sure vampires were totally a thing of the past for me and then along came this book. 'Cronin's Key' has it all there are sexy, hot but scary vampires and there are freaky cray, cray evil scary vampires (notice no sexy here). There are even a couple of human's. This would be Alec and his father, Kole, the rest are just background noise.

Cronin and Alec ...mmmmmmmmmm...just thinking about these two kinda' melts me a little.

I'm not going to babble on too much here because I happen to know that there are already some great reviews out there for this book. I'm just going to add my encouragement to read this book. If you want a story that has awesome characters and I don't mean just the MC's. There are more than 2 really terrific characters in this story and best of all there was a plot an actual plot something that needed to be accomplished besides Cronin and Alec falling in love. Now don't get me wrong, I was all for that part of the story too, but I like a plot in my books as well. It adds a more realistic touch, I mean I don't know about the rest of you but the world didn't stop while my hubby and I dated and got to know each other, mind you we didn't have to run of and fight the bad guys either, but still life went on and things needed to get done.

So there you have it awesome characters, good world building, sexy but not sparkly vampires, an actual plot. All this in one book.

I'm looking forward to book #2. Yesterday would have been nice but rumor has it possibly soon.