Time to say 'good-bye'...

Crash & Burn - Abigail Roux

'Crash & Burn' was the end of one of the best rollercoaster rides I've ever been on. This was book 9 in Abigail Roux's 'Cut & Run series' for me it was good bye to a wonderful collection of characters, oh I know I can re-read them anytime I want to and I'm sure I will. What I won't get is the thrill of looking forward to the next book, of wondering what craziness will ensue in the lives of Ty & Zane and how they'll get out of whatever mess they've found themselves in.

I actually started reading this series in 2011. Three years after the release of Cut & Run. Originally these books were the creation of Abigail Roux and Madeleine Urban, however, after book #4, two became one and Ms Urban for reasons of her own was unable to continue with the collaboration and continuing these stories was taken on solely by Abigail Roux. I'm sure this must have seemed like a daunting task for her but she has done it and done it well and I am so happy that she did. I have enjoyed each and every story in this series. The hours and sheer reading pleasure have been immeasurable.

I'm not going to say a lot about 'Crash & Burn' specifically because I know there are still a lot of people out there who haven't read it yet and being the last book in the series I don't want to chance writing anything that will diminish their reading enjoyment of this story. All I'm going to say is from start to finish I was drawn into this story, As rollercoaster rides go this one was filled with twist and turns, curves and loops and I spent a lot of time with my heart in my throat, I laughed and I cried. I think I fell in love with Ty  & Zane all over again and I know I have a huge crush on Kelly now, so I'll be looking forward to some more 'Sidewinders'.

So this review is more of a bittersweet good-bye and a thank you to a wonderful author for sharing a collection of wonderful characters with myself and all those other readers who have delighted in these stories.