An ocean of stars and love for this book...

Carry the Ocean - Heidi Cullinan

'Carry the Ocean' is one of the most uniquely different books I have read in a long time. It's not the subject matter that makes it different and yet at the same time it is. This is a m/m romance but what makes it unique is the perspective we are given. Emmet and Jeremey are two young men who each have their own unique challenges to deal with in order to be able to lead a happy and positive life.

'Carry the Ocean' is not just a love story...it's a story about love. The love a parent should have for their child, the love that people have for their family, their friends,their work, the world they exist in. There are so many facets to the word love and Heidi Cullinan creates a beautiful and moving story using many of them.  This is a story not just about wanting love and finding it but about the struggle to keep it and how much harder it is for some than it is for others to get what we all want and deserve, the right to live our lives in a way that offers us the chance to live with independence and dignity, to create our own happiness and be the masters of our own destiny.

There were so many things about his book that I enjoyed. Emmet was amazing. I loved his determination, his honesty, his persistence and how hard he fought to be with Jeremey and to be the best person that he could be. I was pretty much in awe of Emmet. Jeremey broke me as a mother I wanted him to be mine. I wanted to give him everything that his parents failed to give him. Jeremey was so much stronger than he realized and I was so happy when Emmet and he found each other. I loved their relationship, Emmet and Jeremey were so good for each other.

There were so many marvelous characters in this book, Emmet's family was fantastic, Dr. North, David...surprisingly I really liked him, Tammy and Sally and everyone at The Roosevelt. So many wonderful and interesting characters brought this story to life for me and I can't help but look forward to finding out more about them and to seeing who else Ms Cullinan will bring to life in this series.

I could probably go on and on about this book and how much I loved it but really the best thing I can say now is 'do your self a favor and read it'. Let Emmet and Jeremey find their way into your heart the way they did mine.