Did you ever have one of those moments...

The Island - Lisa Henry

when you're reading a book and you realize that your holding your breath, that you're so absorbed in the story that you've lost track of time and you don't care...even it you were suppose to be sleeping. None of it matters because all that mattered was the story and finding out what happened and how and why. This was pretty much how I felt from start to finish reading this book.

I held my breath and just kept telling myself one more page, just one more page and I'll be able to breath again. Everything will be ok. Shaw will save Lee. He won't turn out to be the monster that he's pretending to be...it'll all be ok...and...in the end I did get the answers to all my questions.

I love a book that keeps me reading in anticipation and takes me where it wants me to be when it needs me to be there and that was what happened with 'The Island'. I've had this story kicking around in my TBR list for a while now and I'm not sure why or how come but when I was looking for something to read a couple of days ago it grabbed my attention and held it firmly. I guess sometimes when it's time, it's time. I went with that inclination and took a thrilling and scary trip to Fiji and then moved on to Australia for a bit before going to the U.S. and ending the journey in my backyard with a smile and the ability to breath again. Thanks for the fascinating vacation Ms. Henry, but maybe next time we could squeeze in some sleep?