It's official, I'm addicted to these men...

Guns n' Boys: Swamp Blood - K.A. Merikan

I've given them a theme song. Seriously I don't do this very often but every time I read one of these books I end up at some point listening to this song so I've decided it's Dom & Seth's song. It's 'We've Got A Big Mess On Our Hands' by The Academy Is (blame my child he's my music muse). Anyways, here's the link if you're not familiar with the group or the song and maybe a bit curious...

Things started out harmless enough. Dom and Seth are just trying to lie low, stay under everyone's radar long enough for Seth to heal and with any luck and get their relationship back on track if Dom has anything to do with it. Seems simple right? Nope, for Seth and Dom life never ends up being simple. Their train left the tracks to Simpletown right about the time they responded to a cry for help from the bathroom of an abandon rest stop only to discover the same young man they'd encountered earlier at the local WalMart and it's down hill from there. The next thing any of them know they're  pulling up stakes and looking for another hideout only now not only do they have Dana in tow, they've got Mark they same young man that they rescued from the rest stop, the same young man who doesn't seem to be able to recognize the truth even if it jumps up and smacks him in the face. Add to this the fact that said young man and Dom's over the top jealousy have put them on the radar of the Coffin Nails Motorcycle Club. Throw in some illegal activity that even a club like the Coffin Nails frowns upon and the next thing you know Seth and Dom have got a big, big mess on their hands. One that takes them out from under the radar and plants them firmly in everybody's cross hairs.

I was drawn into this story right from the start and each page pulled me a little further into the swamp along with our MCs. But it was somewhere towards the 3/4 mark when I had my 'holy hell' sh*t just got real moment and couldn't stop reading. So while the first 3/4 of this book was probably 4 solid stars for me, the last 1/4 was 5 action packed give me freakin' more stars.

I loved that Dom and Seth finally started talking and both realized that they really didn't know what was going on in the other one's head. This went a long way towards helping them begin to resolve their problem and the personal growth that I saw from both of them was something that I really needed to keep me wanting more. At the end of it all our boys are on the road again and I just know where ever they end up I want to be there to see what happens next but in the meantime maybe I can find out what's up back at the Coffin Nails clubhouse.