This looks like fun...

So this showed up on my dashboard courtesy of my friend Grimlock, who originally found it on Ten Bookish Questions on Bookloving Writer's dashboard. I thought it looked like fun so I'm going to give it a go...

1. What book is on your nightstand now?

Right now my nightstand holds my e-reader and there are nearly 400 books but the one I'm reading is called Resurrection by S. Davidson

2. What was the last truly great book that you read?

I've read quite a few really good books but I'd have to say the last book that I read that for me was truly amazingly great was technically 22822858 but  9732865 was equally as good and I just can't not mention it here because for me it's a tie as to which one I loved the most.

3. If you could meet any writer – dead or alive – who would it be? And what would you want to know?

Wow, this has turned out to be the toughest question for me. I guess if I can only sit down with one author it would have to Greg Iles. I love his writing and the have read every book he's ever written. There's a lot I would like to ask him about his craft but I guess the one question that is the strongest for me would be when is the final book in the Penn Cage series due to be released? For a number of reasons this book has been repeatedly delayed and more than any other book right now this is the book that I want.

4. What books might we be surprised to find on your shelves?

Thanks for the Memories and The Book of Tomorrow by Cecelia Ahern, I don't think I've every read anything that would truly qualify as Chicklit but I do own these two and maybe one day...

5. How do you organize your personal library?

My hard cover and paperback books are organized alphabetically with the hard cover books having their own bookshelf. My e-books are organized in a little more complicated manner but basically it comes down to by genre and then alphabetically with some tweaking.

6. What book have you always meant to read and haven’t gotten around to yet? Anything you feel embarrased never to have read?

There are few of those but the one that is probably at the top of that list is Diana Gabaldon's Outlander series, I own then all and it is my goal to read them in this lifetime...soon, might be a bit optimistic but I keep hoping.

7. Disappointing, overrated, just not good: what book did you feel you were supposed to like but didnt? Do you remember the last book you put down without finishing?

Sunday at Tiffany's by James Patterson, so many people loved this book and as I rule I really enjoy his writing. With a passion I hate this book for me it was sheer and utter garbage. He co-wrote it with an author who normally writes children's books and it was blatantly obvious.

The Red Tent by Anita Diamant, I've tried 3 times to read this book and finally I've admitted defeat it's just not the book for me.

8. What kinds of stories are you drawn to? Any you stay clear of?

I like a fairly wide range of books with the main criteria being that I enjoy reading them, but I would have to say my favorites are m/m or mainstream thriller/mysteries, fantasy, urban fantasy and some para-normal.

Horror of the Stephen King variety, I avoid these like the plague. I totally respect the talent it takes to create a well written horror story but they truthfully give me nightmares.

9. If you could require the president to read one book, what would it be?

Wow, that's a toughie. I'm Canadian so I doubt I'd have a lot of influence on the president but if I could I'd get him to read 13221769 and 43995 (which is so not what it sounds like) and because picking two was hard enough there were so many others books that I think anyone who is the leader of a nation of people should read.

10. What do you plan to read next?

What I'm going to read is 30097731 because I need to do a review for it, what I want to read is a different issue.