If you read 'Strong Signal'...

Fast Connection - Megan Erickson, Santino Hassell

...then you'll remember Dominic Costigan and if you didn't read it you can still carry on with this book, but really? Why would you want to miss out on all the goodness that was in 'Strong Signal'? Whatever, if you find yourself going back to read the first book after reading this one...don't say you weren't warned ;)

Like his friend Garrett Reid, Dominic 'Nicky' Costigan decided that his time in the military was done and it's back to the civilian world for him. Unlike his friend Dominic has always played it straight and one of the things that his enlistment has shown him is that his path may not be as straight as he wanted everyone to believe. So like any good red blooded male, Dominic decides that he needs to do a bit more research and he turns to Grindr. Hell even I didn't need to google this one.

As luck would have it Dominic (don't call me Nicky) finds what he's looking for in the form of a sexy silver fox named Luke. Only problem is Luke doesn't do return engagements and after meeting him there's nothing Dominic wants more except maybe a 3rd or 4th or an unlimited run with this hot as hell man.

While I was and still am head over heels about Garrett and Kai, Dominic and Luke pushed my buttons even more. I couldn't get enough of these two men and I have to admit it was a little strange to me because there's an age gap here and that's normally not a favorite dynamic of mine. Surprisingly, this time it's apparently not an issue of mine either because it worked for me. I think for me it was about the balance that was in the relationship in spite of the age difference both men had issues to deal with and both men brought both positives and negatives to the relationship. It felt more like a balanced relationship than one where the older more mature partner has it all together and is patiently helping his younger partner get his act together as he continues to glow with his perfectly achieved wisdom and maturity...pfft...don't get me wrong there is a certain amount of wisdom that can be acquired through age and experience but hopefully part of that wisdom is to realize that the older you get the less you truly know and that sometimes viewing the world through the eyes of those who are younger than you can give you a different perspective one that's fresh, different and new and to me this book offered that.

What I found that both 'Strong Signal' and 'Fast Connection' have in common, besides the obvious, is that they are very much set in the real world a world that is quickly changing, a world where information is disseminated with the click of a button, where knowing someone who lives on another continent is as easy or easier than knowing your next door neighbor.

This story was about so much more than just finding love where you least expect it. It was about making it work, trust, the importance of family in all it's disfunctionality and taking a leap of faith that being with the person you love is worth the effort and the risk. I absolutely loved 'Strong Signal' and 'Fast Connection' put me over the moon. So I'm really hoping that there's more to come because apparently for me this series just keeps getting better.

********************

An ARC of 'Fast Connection' was graciously received from the authors in exchange for an honest review.