And the apocalypse continues...

Fight the Tide - Keira Andrews

As much as I wanted to read this book. I have to admit I was also a little apprehensive. Did I really want to read another book about Zombies? Creepers, honestly they are so not my thing, but I loved that first book. It was awesome...so yes, I did want to read this, thankfully because as it turned out it to was awesome and yet, quite different from the first book.

In 'Kick at the Darkness' we were introduced to Parker and Adam just as the virus that would potentially turn everyone into Creepers was unleashed on the world forcing them to work together to stay alive and for Parker uninfected. We left them as they were about to seek safety on the ocean in a sailboat.

Life on the high seas may keep them safe from the Creepers but it's with brutal force that Parker gets reminded, while waiting for Adam to return from a supply run, that Creepers are not the only threat to be guarded against.

While Parker and Adam are definitely a couple I have very much enjoyed that they've each retained their individuality as well. Often times expressing opposing viewpoints...Parker wanting to shut them off from the world, Adam wanting to find a place that they could begin again and be a part of a community, Adam wanting to go to the voice on the radio that promised them safety and shelter a sanctuary, Parker wanting to run from it, Parker wanting to ignore the plea for help during a storm, Adam wanting to give that help. It is was when they responded to that mayday call that things ultimately become both better and more complicated. Arriving just in time to rescue what looks to be a family of 4. Parker and Adam soon realize that these people need their help if they are going to survive so unable to simply leave them to their own devices Parker and Adam find themselves part of a group that slowly morphs into a family.

Throughout all of these conflicting opinions these two talked, yes even argued but never did they lose faith or respect for each other and the one thing that both were always in agreement on was their passion for one another. Travelling with 4 other people may have made having sex a challenge but these men were definitely up to the challenge (pun intended).

Sex was to say the least intense both physically and emotionally with these two men ...what you expected less? Seriously? Zombie....I mean Creeper Apocalypse  here folks? Seize the day and make every moment count for crying out loud, you never know when it might be your last.

As their newly forged family resumes its journey they find themselves facing new dangers. Together they suffer more pain and loss and ultimately they are forced to answer the sirens call from the radio that never seems to leave Adam's thoughts, while plaguing Parker with nightmares. It's with a mixture of optimism and a pessimism that this group heads towards what will likely be the end of their journey one way or another.

Ironically the decision to seek the safety and sanctuary  promised by the mysterious voice on the radio was taken out of both their hands and forced by their mutual need to keep promises that each have made to protect their newly formed family and hopefully give them the sanctuary that has been promised.

'Fight the Tide' for me became a story that was more focused on Parker and Adam's struggles as individuals and as a couple.  Parker waged a constant war against his fear of not being able to be all that Adam needed. While Adam was haunted by the knowledge that he was only one man or rather one werewolf and protecting Parker and their newly formed family might be more than even he could handle. In spite of all the uncertainty of the world the one thing that was clear is that together he and Parker would face whatever came at them and keep their newfound love safe from a world gone mad.

Happily there is more to come. That's right 1 possibly 2 more books. So much could happen during this time and I am now totally resigned to my fate...I am here for the duration no more doubts or reservations about reading what comes next...I say 'just bring it!'

*************************

An ARC of 'Fight the Tide' was graciously provided by the author through Indigo Marketing in exchange for an honest review.