Even Krampus needs a little holiday love...

Krampus Hates Christmas ( 2016 Advent Calendar - Bah Humbug) - Andi Van

'Krampus Hates Christmas' is a cute twist on an old holiday legend. The legend of Krampus originated in Germany centuries ago and was created to be a counterpoint to Santa. While Santa gave children sweets as a reward for being good. Krampus, who is also known as Black Peter in other parts of the world, would visit bad children and take away their treats and steal them away to his lair.

In Andi Van's version of this legend. Krampus is Santa's twin brother and he's lost his love for the holidays over the years as he's seen Christmas become increasingly commercialized and the burden to his brother has become more than his brother can truly handle. Krampus just wants to help his brother, to lighten the load that has been placed on the over burdened Christmas icon. Unfortunately the board of directors (other holiday icons) don't want to allow Krampus to help until he finds his love of the holidays again.

Krampus finds his holiday spirit when a little magic lands Krampus in the world of humans right next door to Lewis, the owner of a Christmas store and member of a family that makes its living from the holidays with their Pumpkin Patch/Christmas Tree farm.

I liked that the relationship between Krampus (otherwise named Karl Peter Kringle) started as friendship in spite of their attraction to each other. I liked Lewis's family, they were down to earth, working people who were loving, supportive and there for each other when needed.

I think my favorite character in this story was Krampus, he really was just a big old teddy bear and I loved seeing him find his love for the holidays again. It really was the best part of the story. Sadly seeing him and Lewis fall in love was ok, I liked it but at times it just wasn't working for me and the ending was all right, but really didn't work as well for me as I would have liked it. So just 3 twinkling little stars on this one because the holiday feelz just weren't quite there for me.

********************

An ARC of 'Krampus Hate Christmas' was graciously provided by the publisher in exchange for an honest review.