If you lost your soulmate, how long would you look for them?

Cursed Miracles  - Meg Harding

William Mashinter and Brady Gallagher feel in love during a time when loving another man was neither a wise nor safe decision, but the heart wants what the heart wants. Sadly for William his wife's heart wanted revenge and she was just the witch to get it.

William is cursed by his witch of a wife (seriously, she's a witch) to wander the earth until his true love (that would be Brady) finds him. Problem is she's killed Brady and cursed him to be reborn and in each life he remembers everything that's happened from his previous lives. Needless to say this is going to take a while...like 200 years worth.

I loved this the whole premise had me salivating. I'm a sucker for a story with tons of drama and angst and a big payoff and seriously 200 years of being reborn only to start looking for your soulmate in each life remembering that he's out there wandering the earth waiting for you, looking for you. I had this one cast and produced as a movie/television series/whatever I'll take what I can get. I loved 'The Highlander' and this has all the makings of being every bit as epic.

I loved the beginning seeing how events came to be through William's memories. I felt his pain and heartache. Shared his sense of loss and eventually the hopelessness of ever being reunited with Brady.

What fell short for me was the middle. I wanted those 200 years filled in with more than just a few paragraphs. Even a few more pages would have worked for me. I wanted that extra drama to enhance how much these two men went through to be reunited. William hinted at dark times in his life and dammit I wanted to know what happened to him, but alas this is a short story and I was not to get this part of it.

It's a big world out there and it's not getting any smaller. These two men being reunited was like the proverbial needle in a haystack so William thinking he was going crazy rather than believing it was possible that it was Brady's voice he heard and not his mind playing tricks made total sense to me. Which made their reunion so perfect when it happened. I loved it.

As for the ending...I loved it. William and Brady's reunion worked so well. It was intense, sweet, a tiny bit awkward and totally perfect but then again, 200 years looking for the love of your life...deserves nothing less than perfect.

********************

An ARC of 'Cursed Miracles' was graciously provided by the publisher in exchange for an honest review.