Good time in Half Moon Bay...

Fish Stick Fridays (A Half Moon Bay Myster) - Rhys Ford

In the interest of a totally honest review I need to say that when it comes to Rhys Ford, I'm totally biased. I love her writing it speaks to me and I fall into her stories effortlessly. 'Fish Stick Fridays' was no exception.

I thoroughly enjoyed all the characters in this story. Deke and Lang worked as individuals and as a couple. Seriously how could I not like a hot mechanic who rides a motorcycle and likes to read. Add to this a niece who he's raising because his sister has passed away and while he couldn't save her. He'll be damed if he's going to fail his niece. Throw in a boyfriend who owns a books store and stick a fork in me because I'm done like dinner.

I'd start telling you all the other things I liked about this  book but then I'd just be telling you the whole story because I loved it from start to finish. I became invested in Deacon and Lang's relationship before they even actually met. While I'm not a huge fan of insta-love or love at first sight if that's what you prefer to call it, I honestly couldn't wait for these two to meet.

Plus there's Zig. She was getting her education from the school of hard knocks before Deacon came along. So needless to say she's not your typical 8 year old. She's a bit sassy and definitely got a case of potty mouth and yet at the same time she's lost and frightened and smart enough to know that Deacon's the best thing to happen to her and she's not letting go of him. The relationship between these two is heart-melting.

I could probably go on and on about this book but I'm not going to. I'm just going to stop here and wrap it up by saying "It's Rhys Ford, it's awesome and I can't wait for the next...oh, never mind, I've already got book 2 and listened to the audiobook...but that's my next review. So, I'll just say I loved it and I can't wait for book 3...please tell me there's a book 3...I need more!!!!"