Still not feeling a lot of sunshine and happiness, so...

Secrets of You - Skylar M. Cates

I think I'm done here now. I was sure if anyone's story was going to make me gush it was going to be River's. He's been my favorite since the beginning. I can't help it, I like me a dark, brooding man of mystery in my books it just pushes all my hot buttons and River does that...his story...not so much.

Out of all the couples so far in this series though, I do have to admit River and Morgan are definitely my favorites.

Morgan has been through such a scary experience when he was attacked behind a club in a previous book but he's learning to deal with his fears and thankfully he was rescued by a mysterious stranger who didn't hang around once he knew Morgan was safe. While Morgan doesn't remember a lot of what happened because he was drugged it was still an incredibly scary experience and he's dealing with it with the help of his friends and his therapist. Morgan's also had a crush on River since the minute he first saw him.

River's dark and brooding and when things get to be too much he jumps on his Harley and he rides. No good-byes, see you laters, I'll  be back...he's just gone. He disappears...he runs it's his back-up plan when he can no longer deal. That is until he realizes he's tired. Tired of being alone, of running, of all the dark and bad that's in his life. But mostly River just needs to learn to forgive himself. He's got things in his past. Memories that won't let go of him, things that he blames himself for but maybe...just maybe if he'd open up and talk to someone...he'd gain a better perspective on things and maybe he'd see that while he wasn't totally without blame, he also wasn't responsible for some of it.

Things heat up when River and Morgan find themselves alone in the house for 2 weeks and an evening of celebrating a little too much lowers Rivers resistance to Morgan and Morgan makes it known that he's more than willing to see where the road goes where he and River are concerned. Morgan wants to make River smile again and once he opens up River realizes that he just wants to love and be loved.

'Secrets of You' was about letting go of the past  and looking for a future, learning to forgive yourself and accepting that who you are is ok and it's who you're meant to be. it's also about really loving someone for the first time and knowing when to stay, when you've only ever run.

When you get down to it this should have all worked for me. I mean seriously worked and yet somehow...I just didn't connect. River and Morgan should have had me crying and laughing and melting into a puddle of goo on the floor...it was all there and it just never happened.  So I'm thinking it's me, that's right for whatever reason I'm just not connecting with these stories anymore and sometimes things happen that way.

While I sincerely hope that there is more to come from this author with this series because I have some awesome friends who really, really want her to write more. I don't think I'll be continuing. It's not that the stories are bad by any means it's just that for whatever reason they're just not my cuppa' but the rest of you carry on and enjoy because these guys are definitely smokin' hot!

********************

An ARC of 'Secrets of You' was graciously provided by the publisher in exchange for an honest review.