So if you're anything like me...

Every Breath You Take - Robert Winter

when you saw this book title the first thing that came to your mind was something like this...

"Oh can't you see
You belong to me
My poor heart aches
With every step you take"

Back in 1983 a group called 'The Police' recorded a song by the same title as this book 'Every Breath You Take' by The Police is a song about an obsessive stalker and if you go on You Tube and google 'top 10 stalker songs' at the top of that rather interesting list you'll find 'Every Breath You Take' by The Police. Now this might be surprising for some...not me, sorry that song has always made my skin crawl...seriously it's all in the lyrics.

Anyways, my point here is that this song is very appropriate to this book. So needless to say, I didn't have to look long or hard to find a song for this book.

This was  another super awesome buddy read with my besties Josy & Christelle and made even funner with the addition of Jan & Heather and the icing on our cake we had our own personal stalker cheerleader the ever awesome Simone.

To say that this story was very different from this author's first book 'September' is a bit of an understatement and while after much consideration I have to say I did like 'September' more but that doesn't negate that I enjoyed this book. 'Every Breath You Take' is a solid mystery/thriller with a definitely romance backing it up and I love a good mystery/thriller add in some romance and I'm totally on board.

Thomas and Zachary are drawn to each other and while Thomas is clear from the the start that he doesn't do relationships...he's a one and done type of guy...at least that's what he says. He also seems to send mixed messages leaving Zach feeling more than a little confused at times. As things play out between Thomas and Zach young men are dying and the only connection the police can find is Thomas.

I have to admit I was totally fascinated with the mystery in this one and I enjoyed it from start to finish and that's all I'm saying about that...because spoiling a mystery is just bad form. I have to admit it was the romance that fell a little bit short for me on this one. Not even because I wanted more, since given the circumstances and events that were playing out more just wouldn't have seemed realistic...nope what threw me was that there were a couple of things that happened on the romance side that just felt a little off kilter. Between Thomas and Zach, from start to finish it was consistently Thomas who acted and gave the impression of being the dominant partner in this pairing and yet we are suddenly presented with Zach as being not only dominant but rather aggressive in the bedroom.

I think if there had even been the tiniest hint of this possibility somewhere along the way it would have felt less awkward (yeah, I'm borrowing your word on this one Jan because if the shoe fits...) In general while this was only one thing it did impact an important part of the story which was the romance between Thomas and Zach.

Aside from the mystery one of my favorite parts of this book was some of the secondary characters...we actually got to see more of Joe and Terry, who we first met in the book September and Joe...oh, what can we say about Joe...he's sweet, adorable, kind, loving...yeah, everyone should have a Joe in their life...as for Terry...well, he's got some redemption to earn so time will tell. Maybe, with any luck these two will get their own book. The other secondary character who I would just love to know more about and see get his own HEA is Thomas's friend and bar owner Randy. Randy was awesome and I really would love to see who the author thinks would be the right person for him.

There's definitely no mystery about the fact that I'm looking forward to future books from this author...mystery or romance or a combination of both matters not to me just sign me up and I'll happily read it.