E-book or audio, I love this book...

There's This Guy - Rhys Ford

I had the good fortune to review this back in March of this year when the e-book was released and when the opportunity to review the audiobook narrated by Greg Tremblay became available I was all over that baby. I love this book...the story simply melts my heart.

Whether it's a song or a favorite sweater, the car we drive, or the person we snuggle up to in bed a night we love who and what we love and there just doesn't have to be a rhyme or reason for it and I love this book.

And as is the case more often than not with a book that I loved my review was long and as far as I'm concerned my feelings about this one haven't changed so, if it's not broke let's not fix it...

Original Review: There's This Guy by Rhys Ford

Now about the audio portion of this review...as I said it's narrated by Greg Tremblay and quite honestly he's awesome and while I've listened to a few books narrated by Mr. Tremblay, I think this one might very well be my favorite. I love the voices that he gave to the characters especially Dallas and Jake. Dallas had a bit of a slow southern drawl in his tone with a an underlying silky smoothness to it that at times just had me sighing in contentment, I loved Dallas's voice.

Let's see if I can explain Jake's voice. Interestingly enough Jake's voice was my favorite and for a big convoluted reason that I'm not going to bore you with...we're going to suffice it to say I am Canadian I've spent time in most of our provinces and while I found Jake's accent to be more reminiscent of someone from the Maritmes than Quebec...I care not. I loved the sound of Jake's voice and I love how expressive it was because that far more indicative of the french Canadian language no matter what part of Canada it's found in. So did I feel like Jake's accent was reflective of someone who spent time growing up in Montreal...maybe not so much, did I like it...hell yeah! because it still felt Canadian but most of all it felt right for the character. 'There's This Guy' started with 5 stars and for me the audiobook finished with 5 'I love it even more' stars.

and for my buddy read besties who haven't read this one yet and you know who you are. I found a song for this one, I guess I'd have to say it's Dallas's song for Jake...

I Knew I Loved You by Savage Garden

If you want to know why this song you'll need to read the book, lol!!!

*********************

An audiobook of 'There's This Guy' was graciously provided by the publisher in exchange for an honest review.