If you’ve ever wanted to read a book that makes you feel good...

How to Save a Life (Howl at the Moon Book 4) - Eli Easton

...leaves you smiling and wanting more and makes you laugh every time you talk to your own fur baby and he tilts his head at you like every word out of your mouth is vitally important and he knows exactly what you’re saying and you’ve been left wondering “How much do you truly understand?”…you need to stop right now and check out Eli Easton’s ‘Howl at the Moon’ series because it will do all that and more.

I love this series…from ‘How to Howl at the Moon’ to ‘How to Save a Life’ we are introduced to some of the most adorable and loving characters a reader could hope to meet. ‘How to Save a Life’ simply continues this tradition as we watch Rav and Sammy meet and fall in love.

Rav was first introduced to us in book #3 ‘How to Wish Upon a Star’. He runs a rescue shelter in Arizona that cares for older and hard to place dogs frequently saving them from surrounding shelters known to have a high kill and this is how Rav and Sammy first come to encounter each other. It’s when Rav looks into Sammy’s eyes after rescuing him from a shelter where his time was running out because dogs are euthanized after 90 days that Rav’s reminded of the dogs he’d met from Mad Creek.

Sammy’s life as a dog hasn’t been good. After losing his first person and then being cared for by her sister who loves him but has an abusive partner, Sammy ends up being taken to a local shelter knowing that her partner will only continue to hurt Sammy and she’d sworn to her sister that she’d care for him.

Ironically, it’s Sammy’s escape from Rav’s shelter that brings both Sammy and Rav to Mad Creek. While Rav’s drawn to Sammy, it’s actually Mad Creek that calls to him and makes him want to settle there. Rav’s never been a big fan of people but his love of dogs is strong and what motivated him to start a rescue shelter. It’s not until Rav arrives in Mad Creek that he actually meets Sammy in his human form.

While Rav is a confident dog loving, bad boy, biker dude who spends his days rescuing dogs. Sammy is a sweet, earnest, naïve and eager to please newly quickened Chocolate Lab.

When Rav sees Sammy for the first time he’s definitely attracted to him but he also realizes that if he’s going to get close to Sammy it’s going to take time and patience and since staying in Mad Creek is Rav’s end game giving Sammy some space is something he can do.

This one’s a slow burn and probably one of the sweetest building romances I’ve read in a long time…possibly ever. Sammy’s incredible sweetness and innocence combined with his wonky sense of humor and enthusiasm for his new human form and just life in general was for me irresistible, especially when combined with Rav’s patience and the pleasure that he got from just being with Sammy to make this story a total treat to read from start to finish.

Along with Rav and Sammy’s story we get to enjoy catching up with the other couples from Mad Creek that we were introduced to in previous stories as the town of Mad Creek pulls together to not only save their town but ensure its future.

I’m not sure if Ms Easton has more planned for this series but if she does then just sign me up because I’m there and if this is the end of the journey than I can’t really complain because the trips been a whole lot of fun and puppy love and everyone knows you can never go wrong if there are fur babies involved.

********************

An ARC of ‘How to Save a Life’ as graciously provided by the author in exchange for an honest review.