I think I got a little 'Lost Along the Way' with this one...

Lost Along the Way - Marie Sexton, Jeff Gelder

'Lost Along the Way' is Marie Sexton's contribution to the 'Curious Cookbook' series and I have to admit that while I like the premise of the story. It just didn't quite work for me and honestly it was due more to the narration than the story.

Jeff Gelder was the narrator for this installment of the 'Curious Cookbook' series and I've listened to 3 or 4 books by this narrator in the past and I've enjoyed them. Unfortunately that wasn't the case this time and I have to admit I was thinking maybe it was me so I peeked at a couple of reviews...specifically I spotted my friend Heather's review and lo and behold she actually had the same problem as I did. It seems we both found the narration on this one to be both stilted and a bit devoid of emotion. Unfortunately given that this is a story that easily lends itself to some emotional moments...a 15 year committed relationship ends, one of the MCs falls in love and even he thinks that maybe it's a bit soon, he parents are both dead and he's got issues...seriously he'd been estranged from them for years and was just starting to rebuild the relationship...I mean come one this ones filled with emotion and it just wasn't coming across in the narration.

I enjoy Marie Sexton's writing and I know I'm sure that Mr. Gelder will entertain me again with other stories but for now...we're done here and I'm calling it a day at 3 stars and moving on to the last book.