And this folks is why I've missed Josh Lanyon...

Stranger on the Shore - Josh Lanyon

I've had this one for awhile now and when I saw that it was on audio I decided that audio was totally the way to experience this story and damn! was I right.

Josh Lanyon has created one hella' awesome story with this one. 'Stranger on the Shore' is far more mystery than romance, now that doesn't mean there's no romance because there is one. But overall this story focused more on the mystery that was going on and while I like me some romance it doesn't have to be there all the time and given how well crafted the rest of this story was I'm good with it all.

Once again I'm a little late to the party with this one so rather than try and re-invent the wheel or in this case the 'rave review' I'm going to take the lazy way out and simply say "There are some awesome reviews out there for both sides of the argument...love it or leave it, but you can add me to the list of I loved this from start to finish". Jeremy York was the narrator for this thriller/mystery/romance and while this was my first time listening to this narrator, I'm hoping it won't be my last. I really enjoyed the listening experience. Mr. York nailed the voices for me. They were consistent, expressive, unique and very suited to how I imagined the characters would sound.

Listening to this audio book felt very much like how I imagine it would feel to listen to an old time radio program as my parents and grandparents did back in the day.

While I'm sure this was due in part to the strong influence that the book 'The Great Gatsby' and the 1961 song 'Stranger on the Shore' had on one of the MCs. I think it was more strongly influenced by the wonderfully crafted noir story stylings of Josh Lanyon and the superb narration of Jeremy York...you can be sure that this is another audio book that will be on my repeat list.