Trevan & Landry on audio...I'ma happy, happy girl...

Mine - Mary Calmes

It's literally been years since I read this story and by years I mean 2012 when it was first released. I devoured this one. Absolutely loved every word of it. It's without a doubt my favorite standalone story by Mary Calmes. I can't even really point to any specific reason why I enjoyed it as much as I did but I did and that's all that matters to me.

Having said all that I have to admit I was a little nervous about listening to the audio...I mean what if I didn't like it as much as I remembered? What if I didn't like the narrator? It's not Tristan James or Greg Tremblay and for this author these are first choices for narrator or Sean Crisden he usually does a fairly good job when it comes to Mary Calmes audiobooks...seriously I've had this one on my audio wishlist for quite some time now but I finally decided that I was going to bite the bullet and get this one. I'm a grown-up, if it doesn't work I can handle a little disappointment...I wouldn't cry...to much...honest.

So I did it, I bought the audio...cue the sound...and breath a sigh of relief because it was ok. I still absolutely love this story, it's a favorite and while the narrator was a new to me narrator. I was not disappointed. Caleb Dickinson did justice to this near and dear to my heart story and it was definitely a listening experience that I look forward to revisiting.

My other motive for revisiting this story is this is the first story in which we meet 'Conrad Harris' guardian angle and friend to Trevan and then we meet him again in 'A Day Makes' but at the end of October with the release of 'Late In the Day' we are given his story or at least a whole lot more of it, so I wanted to refresh my memory and what better way to do that than to revisit the early days and now that I've revisited 'A Day Makes' and 'Mine' on audio...I am so ready for more Conrad Harris.

Mary Calmes never fails to delight me with her stories and I am so looking forward to more Conrad Harris and if he made a visit to check up on Trevan and Landry along the way that would make for a nice slice of reading happiness for me, so I'm just going to cross my fingers and hope but either way I have little doubt that I'm going to enjoy this one as much as I have previous stories.