It may have only been a 'Fair Game' but it was an awesome story...

Fair Game - Josh Lanyon, Sawyer Allerde

It's been a few years since I last read this book and now that I've got myself equally entrenched in the world of audio books it seemed inevitable that Josh Lanyon would be one of the authors that I'd want to revisit on audio and her 'All's Fair' series is one of my favorites.

'Fair Game' is the first book in this series and even though I've read it more than once I simply couldn't resist listening to it on audio. 'Fair Game' is a mystery with a solid romance to it as well. Elliot Mills has had to change careers after getting shot and teaching history seems like a safe profession...until students start going missing and turning up dead getting Elliot involved when he's asked by his father to find the missing son of a friend. Things get complicated when Special Agent Tucker Lance crosses paths with Elliot. They'd been partners and lovers back when Elliot got injured and things didn't end well.

I loved this story back when I first read it and listening to the audio book narrated by Sawyer Allerde has only allowed me to enjoy it all over again. His narration was solid and very nicely ticked all of the boxes on my 'things I like in an audio book' list. His was consistent, his voices were expressive and added depth of emotion to the story making things even more intense at time and I love a story that keeps me on the edge of my seat and my heart pounding with anticipation...so it was definitely a win for me.