Everything happens for a reason...

Desperately Seeking Santa - Eli Easton

When Gabe Martin's friend Jordan finally convinces him to go to a college wrestling match with him to cheer for their team but more importantly Jordan's boyfriend Owen, whom those who have read Ms. Easton's book 'Superheroes' will recognize Jordan and Owen as the MCs from that story but if like me you haven't read 'Superheroes' yet you  can read this story without worry.

Now back to Gabe accompanying his friend Jordan to a wrestling match where they cheer not only for Owen but where Gabe first lays eyes on the 6' 10", 285 lb. Mack McDonall star of the wrestling team and for Gabe the stuff of his fantasies...very, very steamy fantasies. Add to this the fact that journalism student...Gabe gets his first assignment from the local newspaper that he interns with...two events that seem totally unrelated but are anything but.

I enjoyed...wait scratch that I loved! everything about this story both of the MCs were absolutely adorable...Gabe with his outgoing nature and offbeat sense of humor...both what came out of his mouth and his internal monologues, his open and friendly demeanor and then there's Mack...quiet, intelligent, solid, dependable, stoic Mack who cautiously guarded his heart as carefully as his past but once you got past his barriers...you were held there safe, secure and loved.

As well as some wonderful secondary characters such as Gabe's mother and Gabe and Mack's friends Owen and Jordan we get to meet Mack's father, Jim and their friend George. Along with this we are given representations of both the child welfare system and prison system that serve as reminders that while things may not always work the way they should nor do they always fail. There are a lot of good people out there trying to help make this world a better place and sometimes it takes a story like this to remind us.

'Desperately Seeking Santa' was a sweet, fun holiday story filled with love, family and just enough drama to make things interesting and topped off with an epilogue that delivers a solid HEA for a sexy and adorable couple.

Eli Easton has once again given us a holiday story that reminds us that often the best presents...the ones that we really want and need aren't found under the Christmas tree. Definitely recommended for the holidays!

*************************

An ARC of 'Desperately Seeking Santa' was graciously provided by the author in exchange for an honest review.