Sometimes a visit to the doctor can fix a broken heart....

Healing - Stevie Woods

Audin and Tener haven't seen each other since college and their last encounter really didn't end well...they parted ways less than amicably. Neither man thought they would ever see each other again.

So needless to say when Audin walks into Tener's office looking for a healer both men are more than a little surprised. Audin quickly realizes that this is an opportunity that he never thought he'd have...a chance to make things right and maybe even have Tener back in his life again. Audin's not alone in how he feels and both men soon agree that they want to fix things, they care about each other and neither is willing to pass up a chance to be back in the other's life.

While their reunion was purely happenstance it's also very fortuitous for a government resistance group that Tener belongs too and that Audin sympathizes with.

While I enjoyed the reunion between Audin and Tener for me it was the part of the story that unfolded alongside of this that really fascinated me and how the part that Audin and Tener held in events that unfolded was definitely what held my interest.

I have to admit I was honestly disappointed that this story wasn't longer I seriously wanted so much more story than what I was given. Admittedly, the story essentially felt complete and I didn't feel like there was anything missing but I also still felt like I wanted more...more background, more world building, more personal time between the MCs, more background on some of the secondary characters.

I've often found myself saying that 'Less is more...well, in the case of this story I'm going to have to say that 'more would have been better'.

This is a re-release of a previously published story.

*************************

A copy of 'Healing' was graciously provided by the publisher in exchange for an honest review.