Well this is a first for me...

The Three Miracles of Santos Socorro - Sarah Black, Jennifer North

I've been revisiting some stories that I read quite a while ago only this time around I'm having the audio experience and it's been about six and a half years since I first read 'The Three Miracles of Santos Sorocco' and while I still really, really love this story it's a cute, sweet, sexy love story between two men who live in a small town and it's laced with some adorably funny moments and while I found myself appreciating the story just as much now as I did six and a half years ago.

If you look at my original rating from back then and my rating from now...well you might find it a little confusing because originally this story easily got 4 stars from me and this time it's only getting 3 stars...and here's why...

This is a story about Abraham and his lover Santos...two men. This book is narrated by Jennifer North and yes, if you're guessing that Jennifer is female I'm pretty sure you've guessed right but what is most pertinent to my review here is Jennifer has a decidedly feminine voice and before I go any further I would just like to say that if this was a story with two women as the MCs and a man was the narrator and I know those books are out there I'd be having the same problem and that problem was simply a matter of the voices in my head and the voices coming from my speakers were very decidedly not in agreement.

Please don't misunderstand here I'm not saying that a woman can't or shouldn't narrate audio books not even close I can think of a lot of books that would be so much better narrated with a female voice and in particular by this female, objectively Ms North has a nice voice for narrating but in the case of this story her voice didn't enhance the voices  or give depth to the story...the long and the short of it is that it just didn't work for me but ironically given another story one more conducive to being narrated by a female voice and this narrator in particular and I'm on board for the adventure because Ms North's voice nice and give the right story I think she would provided a wonderful audio experience to listeners, but for me this wasn't the right story for her voice...so still a 4 star story but for me just 3 stars for the audio book because the story and the voice just weren't a good mix.