Well that was unusually fun and entertaining...

Broken Bonds - Lex Valentine, Chris Chambers Goodman

What do you get when you retell the Dickens classic 'A Christmas Carol' using a DOM named Keller (in the role of Ebeneezer Scrooge) a sweet and loving sub named Haven Noel (I kid you not because seriously I can make this sh*t up, as Tiny Tim? I'm not really sure on this one) and the angels Kristoff (who was Keller's sub on the mortal plane) and Kristoff's twin brother who died at birth as the angel Rafe (Raphael) and sprinkle it all with a light coating of BDSM, well, you get Lex Valentine's 'Broken Bonds' of course.

At 2 hours and 48 minutes this is a short and entertaining story to listen to. While it's a bit on the dark side for a Christmas story if you're familiar with the Dickens classic than you'll agree that story is a bit on the dark side to begin with.  I quite enjoyed this one and if you're a looking for a classic Christmas story with an usual twist than this one's worth checking out.

Chris Chambers is the narrator for this book and a new to me narrator in the world of audio books who proved to be a voice that I enjoyed listening to and ticked off my basic list of what I'm looking for in an audio book. He gave me consistent voices that were expressive adding depth and emotional life to the story.

'Broken Bonds' is the first book I've listened to by this author on audio but not my first time with her books. I'm a fan of her 'Tales of the Darkworld' series...it's mix of m/m, m/f and I believe there are dragons involved...ok, I know there are dragons involved and vampires and werewolves and I think there may even be witches and warlocks or something along that line...it was also a fun and entertaining series and it's on audio and you know I'm going to go there, right?