Yes...I'm the great prorastinator...procrastinating all over town...

Dantes Unglued  - Rinda Elliott, Jocelynn Drake

My need is such that I procrastinate too much...

Ok, I've procrastinated more than a little bit on this one. It's been well over a month since I went on a buddy read adventure with my awesome buddy read friends, Simone, Josy & Christelle...yep, the usual suspects and while I can only speak for myself, I know I was really, really excited to read this one...because...Quinn!!! Quinn is the awesome adorable oober geek at Ward Security and he's been around for a while. We've gotten a peek at him here and there in previous stories and I have a soft spot for geeks so naturally I was vary, vary happy to see him get a story of his own and I have to admit I was kind of hoping it would be with one of the men who worked as security for Ward Security... because you know adorable geek and big hunky security guard? What's not to love...but that's not quite what we got, however we did get adorable geek and hunky security guard...just not one of Ward's. So I can deal, I'm all grown up and stuff...that and the fact that our lovely Spymama, Simone posted copies of the authors inspiration for Quinn and can I just say for me they nailed it. I mean let's face it how the author envisions a character isn't always the same as what the reader is imagining but in this case the author's inspiration for Quinn and actually for Shane as well were both perfect.

Shane works for a private investigations firm and we were given a brief glimpse of him in a previous book when Hollis was let go from the local police force and accepted a position working with Shane at the Merleau Detection Agency and if this is all getting a bit confusing for you I strongly recommend reading this series from the beginning or better yet go back and start with the first book in the authors' series 'Unbreakable Bonds' because that's were a lot the background for this series really begins. So I'm going to jump back into this story and leave the background research up to you the reader.

When Shane accepts a case working for the mayor of Cincinnati he quickly figures out two things one he needs a computer expert and two things are not as he's been led to believe them to be. After meeting with Rowan Ward the owner of Ward Securities and one of the main characters from 'Unbreakable Bonds' he has himself a computer specialist...a very, sexy, cute, hot, adorable, geeky and oh my god why is he noticing this computer specialist named Quinn.

Quinn on the other hand takes one look at Shane and knows he's screwed 'Shane is pure trouble' for Quinn. He pushes all of Quinn's hot buttons and while resistance may be futile neither man is going to give in without a fight.

While I know that 3.5 stars is not a bad rating by any means I was feeling a bit disappointed because I truthfully was expecting to be over the moon crazy about this one. Maybe, I was being ridiculously silly with my expectations...I'm still not sure. I know there was a lot that I liked about this story. I honestly liked dichotomy of Quinn's work persona versus his personal image. When it came to his work Quinn was confident and outspoken he had total faith in his skills and abilities but when it came to his personal life it was a whole different story...Quinn was quiet, reserved, at times very obviously insecure and when it comes to relationships Quinn's not a one night stand. He's a take him home to meet the rents kind of guy but Shane...well, he likes his life, he enjoys playing things fast and easy...wham, bam thank you ma'am...err...sir? anyways, you get my drift.

Not only did Shane and Quinn have very differing ideas on relationships but they also had very different mothers. Shane's mother was...well...basically she was a total bitch and Quinn's mother...well, she was epic, awesome and incredibly heartbreaking all at once...this had me clutching my teddy bear and grabbing the tissues.

I also very much enjoyed getting a peek at Sven and Geoffrey, yes they are still adorable and Royce...we all love Royce. His story hasn't happened yet but soon...it's happening very soon and we are all going to be there...right ladies? and I think we all fell a little in love with Dominic and his boxer shorts, right?

So we've got characters that I absolutely loved both main and secondary, a story that I was totally on board with and an overall solid plot problem was the connection between Shane and Quinn just never quite happened for me...I mean I read and I read...well actually we did me and my buddy read besties...read and read to the very end and as I've already said there was a lot that I liked even some things that I loved and still that moment when things click into place and I could feel the connection between the MCs just never quite happened.

For some of us it was one character or the other that didn't work and for others like myself it I can't honestly say why I didn't feel the connection, but I didn't, things just didn't click and that's why this ended up being a 3.5 it was good and I liked it read rather than the 5 'oh-my-stars-and-garters-this-book-rocked-my-world' read that I'd been hoping for and yet, I'm totally on board for the next story...'Deadly Dorian' that's right folks dust off your classics and get ready for Royce's story it coming soon and I can't wait to see how this will all pan out...I'm going in with 5 stars for this next one, just like always for me they all start out with 5 stars it's what happens once I start reading that determines whether they keep them or not.