My Roommate's a Jock? Well, Crap!

My Roommate's a Jock? Well, Crap! - Wade Kelly I rated this book 3 stars, but in fact it was probably closer to 3.5 for me. I started out really liking it. Cole's ramblings were amusing and I liked the interaction between him and pretty much everyone else, especially Ellis.Then I got to the part with Mike and it threw me off balance. I was reading along and one minute I'm at Cole and Ellis's with Rob and then next thing I know it's Mike and his psycho attitude and I'm sitting there going 'what the hell? who's Mike?' until my brain cycles around and remembers he's one of the friends who hasn't been around for a few pages and that was where I disconnected I couldn't seem to get involved in what was happening and as things went along I just felt like this part of the story was incomplete, it just didn't work for me and I didn't seem to get totally back on track with the rest of the book after that. The other thing that confused me was the way Ellis's parents were portrayed, we're told that they met and got engaged within 8 months of their meeting because it was love at first sight but if it was then I guess it wasn't love everlasting because the couple of scenes that they are in left me feeling like they were strangers.So at the end of it all I very much enjoyed Cole and Ellis as well as Rob and Russ. Where things fell short for me were some of the other background characters, what I was being told they were wasn't lining up with the impression I was getting from the story so it made it hard for me to totally lose myself in the story. Still overall an enjoyable read and I really hope that Mr. Kelly invites us to the wedding because if Cole & Ellis are in the room there will be laughs to be had...food fight!!!!!!!!!!