An artist and a model...met at the library one day...

Refraction - B.A. Tortuga, Jodi Payne

and the rest as they say is history...

Tucker Williams is in New York for a showing of his work one find winters day and as he  stands on the steps of the midtown library who should appear but one Calvin McIntire. Tucker and Calvin are drawn to each other and their attraction is strong...yes, that's right this one's a case of love at first sight even though neither man is ready to admit it for a while.

Tucker's held prisoner by the demons who haunt his mind...seeing them when others don't, Tucker brings them to life and excises them from his soul with his artwork.

Calvin spends his days regimenting his life so that he can maintain the physical beauty that the world so desperately wants to see from him.

Tucker's from Texas, Calvin's from New York...long distance romances never end well but when two hearts are determined and each man is willing to work for it and compromise...one never knows what can be done.

Tucker's inspirations come from anywhere and everywhere...a color, a sound, the setting sun, the glow of the moon...whatever catches his artistic bent gives life to his imagination and ignites his creativity.  Calvin never knows where his career will take him and he loves that all the different locations the novelty of seeing so much of the world. But when love calls to them both Tucker and Calvin find their priorities changing.

I loved Tucker and Calvin for me they were both simply delightful...I just have no other words for them. Their interactions as they got to know each other, the respect that each man had for the other's talents, their desire to truly know each other not just in the bed but out of it as well all this and a few interesting secondary characters like Calvin's roommate and his agent, Michael, Tucker's agent and even his parents simply added to the depth of the story.  These two men admired and respected each other and their talents in equal measure.

I loved the respect that Tucker held for Calvin as a model and qualities that he felt Calvin had to have to not only be a model but to be a good model and Calvin in equal measure saw and understood the creative bent that drove Tucker and enabled him to share his creativity with the world.

Each man was a unique individual in their own right and even as a pair they remained so while at the same time they created a a couple who fit together as readily as any two puzzle pieces.  The friendship, love and respect between Tucker and Calvin while dark at times because of the demons that each man struggled with often gave way to a fun and lightness that was reflected in the playful way that Tucker and Calvin came together.

I have to admit I'm not sure that I see where things are going with this series whether the next book will see a new pairing or more Tucker and Calvin but I'm definitely looking forward to finding out and maybe I'm hoping in a small part of my heart that if the next story gives us a new pairing that one of the MCs will be Calvin's adorable roommate. I'm just going t to have to wait see, aren't I?

*************************

An ARC of 'Refraction' was graciously provided by the publisher in exchange for an honest review.