This dish was sweet and served with a side of cute...

A Full Plate - Kim Fielding, Kenneth Grahame

Sometimes it's just really nice to read a book that has a nice romance that while it may not be totally uncomplicated, it's not loaded with a ton of drama and angst and has MCs who are both just adorable and cute.

'A Full Plate' fills the order on this. Bradford 'Tully' Tolliver pretty much has everything that money can buy. He's got a gorgeous home, drives a Tesla, works as a junior lawyer at a prestigious law firm and a non-existent social life, but when you work the hours that he does what else can you expect and Tully's convinced himself that this isn't a problem and quite honestly until his friend and colleague ask  him to take in her brother, Sage for a year and give him a place to live while he works at a nearby diner to earn the money he needs for his obligations back home.

But all that changes when Tully agrees to help Sage Filling...seriously, that's his name I'm not making this stuff up I couldn't if I tried, so Tully agrees to help out and gives Sage a place to live. As Sage and Tully get to know each other they discover that 'opposites attract' is more than an over used turn of phrase.

Problem is Sage doesn't have time for romance because he's got responsibilities and they have to come first even if he enjoys Tully's company and how they are together...which is abso-freakin-lutely adorable.

I loved these two men together they were cute and sexy and they worked as a couple they fit together so nicely. Sage wanted to make food for Tully and feed him while Tully wanted nothing more than to do whatever he could to make Sage's life better...easier, after all he had the money and what good is it if you can use it to help those you love? Except Sage has his pride and he's not looking for someone to take care of his responsibilities and it's this impasse that makes Tully realize that what he really wants is to be with Sage and love him...to be his partner and honestly I loved the ending for this one. It was sweet and just so perfect for both of these men.

Add in some interesting, likable and maybe a not so likable character and you've got a romance story that's not only sweet with a side of cute but it's also got that little bit of extra to keep it interesting as well.

This is my third audio book narrated by Kenneth Obi and with each book this narrator is earning a spot on my 'narrators I like' list. His voices are consistent, expressive, emotional and overall the voices that he gives the characters just work and listening to an audio book narrated by Mr. Obi has consistently been a true listening pleasure.

*************************

An audio book of 'A Full Plate' was graciously provided by the publisher in exchange for an honest review.