A decade in the life of...

Texas Gift - R.J. Scott

While it's only been a half decade since RJ Scott first shared the story of how Riley and Jack came to be together in 'Texas Gift' we're given not 'a day in the life of' but 'a decade' in the life of these two men. We find out what life has brought to the 'Campbell-Hayes' clan and those they love as dearly as family.

I've read every book in this series and yes, I've loved some more than others but regardless of that I don't regret reading any of them and for me this is the kind of series where you need to read them all so that you can truly have the whole picture.

In 'Texas Gift' we go through the whole gambit with them 'for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, till death do us part, '  (well...except that last part. Thankfully we are spared this).

While book 7 wasn't the most notable book for me this one delivered and then some. I cried...oh man did I cry...happy tears, sad tears I pretty much shed them all. I've been hanging on to this one for about a year now...last year I said good-bye to a few series that have been dear to my heart and when this came up I just didn't have it in me to say good-bye to another favorite, but with another year coming to a close it just felt like maybe it was time to let go. So I opened the book and I started to read by the time I went to bed I had less than 20 pages to go...20 pages in which I realized that I'd fallen in love with these men and their family all over again....so few words remaining with so many feelings attached to them.

"I love you," Riley said, hoping the words meant more to Jack each time he said them. "I've always loved you, and I always will."

"I love you, too." Jack said, softly, "I've always loved you, and yeah, I always will."

Of course before I started this story I also knew that with it's ending I didn't have to truly say good-bye to the Campbell-Hayes family because while it's not about 'Jack and Riley' there is at least one more story to come in 'Home For Christmas' we get to know Connor and I can't lie...I'm more than a little curious because at the end of 'Texas Gift' Connor brings his boyfriend Elliot home to meet his family but in the blurb for 'Home For Christmas' the name that seems to be occupying Connor's time isn't 'Elliott' but a young man named 'River'...so if you think I'm not scurrying off to find out what's happening in Connor's life well...sorry, think again.