‘Tis the season to play hockey…fahlalalalalalalala…

Neutral Zone - F. Scott Fitzgerald, V.L. Locey

Can you all believe it? It’s getting to be that time of year again and no, I’m not just talking about hockey season…Christmas is coming and I admit I love reading Christmas stories but really as a Canadian I have to say there’s nothing better than a Christmas story about hockey players and when it involves the characters from a series that I’ve been enjoying throughout the past year…well does it get any better? I think not.

First off though if you haven’t read R.J. Scott & V.L. Locey’s ‘Harrisburg Railers’ series…what are you waiting for? It’s Christmas time treat yourself to something good because you’re going to want to read the rest of the series first if you really want to enjoy this one and this one is worth enjoying.

‘Neutral Zone’ is a chance to revisit Ten and Mads (that’s Tennant Rowe & Jared Madsen). We first met Ten and Mad in ‘Changing Lines’ book one in this series and they’ve appeared on an off throughout the series but here in ‘Neutral Zone’ we get to catch up with them following a hockey related accident that has turned their world on end (you need to read ‘Goal Line’) for the details about this.

With Ten off in Arizona working hard to put himself back together and Mads back in Harrisburg giving it all he’s got to be the strong and supportive boyfriend that Ten needs it’s going to take everything that they’ve both got to keep their lives on track but neither man is willing to give it anything less than 110%. They’re both strong and fighters.

Basically, I loved…seriously LOVED this story. For me Christmas is about family, it’s about faith and hope, it’s about love and most of all a time for miracles even the ones that we make for ourselves. Ironically what I loved the most about this story was the fact that the only real miracle in this story was the miracle of love (yeah, I know I’m sappy). Ten’s struggles didn’t magically go away or get better or even easier but he’s a strong and determined young man and it’s with the love and support of his family and Mads the man who means the world to him that he finds the strength to keep working to keep fighting and believe in himself.

‘Neutral Zone’ was a perfect start to my holiday reading season and while I didn’t get to catch up with all the Railers…we got a Stan fix!!! and of all the Railers their hulking big Russian goalie of a teddy bear is definitely one of my favorites and he never fails to make me smile. If you’re a fan of this series you going to wan to read this one and if you haven’t had the Railers experience yet…seriously check it out this is one awesome hockey team and they’re not even Canadian, seriously can you imagine how cool are they?

*************************

An ARC of ‘Neutral Zone’ was graciously provided by the authors in exchange for an honest review.