It's the ghost of Christmas past...present...

When Christmas Lights are Blue - Karen Harper, Gilbert Morris

whichever, for Rob and Karan it's very possible that their future is what's at risk.

'When Christmas Lights are Blue' is a short holiday story that has big feels and a lot of message in it. Rob and Karan are partners at work but they're also partners in life and it's only a few days before Christmas and Rob knows they're on thin ice. Things aren't good...he just does't know how or if he should fix them, but he does know that Karan is the man he loves.

It's going to take an ice road and a ghost from the past to get Karan and Rob back on track.

As always Harper Fox has managed with just these few words...at 1 hour and 36 minutes this ones not that long. But this is an author who knows how to make the most of each and every word.

Often times it's not the big things that can tear at a relationship, it's the little things the everyday things, things that sometimes aren't even with in a person's control and sometimes it's those same circumstances that can change the course of events.

Rob and Karan's relationship is sitting on a razor's edge when they the get the call out that brings things to a halt and that will have a stronger influence on them than either man would have ever guessed.

There's so much emotion in this story and for the 1 hour and 36 minutes of this story I really just sat and listened to the a about two men and how they met, how they loved and ultimately if there was enough love left to see them through...

Harper Fox is an author who never fails to capture my imagination and my heart with her stories and once my heart and my imagination have both been fully engaged.

For me 'When Christmas Lights are Blue' is a contemporary nod towards Dicken's 'A Christmas Carol' not in terms of the actual story but because it's the story of how one man's future becomes altered when he's given pause to reflect on events of the past.

'When Christmas Lights are Blue' is my first time listening to narrator Tim Gilbert and I'm happy to say I really enjoyed the narration in this story, which I also have to say makes me very, very happy. I'm not sure why but I've not listened to a lot of Harper Fox books on audio...I've read quite a few but I'm a fan and her books on audio are definitely in my future especially now that I know for sure that I'm going to enjoy the narrator. You see when I check on audible Tim Gilbert's the narrator for a number of books by this author...so good to know, I'm going to enjoy them.