Christmas is a time for family and traditions...

Tutus and Tinsel - Rhys Ford

But before we start down that road...I just want to say if you haven't read the first two books in Rhys Ford's 'Half Moon Bay' series than I strongly recommend reading them before starting this story.

'Tutus and Tinsel' is a holiday slice of life with Deacon, Lang and their now daughter, Zig. I really enjoyed 'Fish Stick Fridays', the first book in this series where we got to see Deacon and Lang meet and watch their relationship turn into a partnership and while we got more Deacon and Lang in 'Hanging the Stars' this was actually Lang's brother West and Angel's story.

While Zig (Deacon's niece) may be the star of this one...everyone gets a to shine a bit as we get a peek at Lang and Deacon in their new roles as fathers raising Zig and doing their best to help her find her place in the world and to create the type of holiday that neither Deacon or Zig has ever experienced in their lives because Christmas is a time for family and traditions something that's been in short supply for both of them during their lives.

When Zig gets a school assignment that requires her to write about Christmas's and their traditions from her past the result is that Zig and her dads decide that they need to figure out a few traditions of their own.

Having read the first books in this series made this story such a perfect holiday story for this story and these characters. I loved seeming Deacon and Lang together and so happy and to have created such a wonderful family with Zig and extending it to include Angel, West (Lang's brother) and Roman (Angel's younger brother).

As Deacon, Lang and Zig work through a list of holiday traditions that they might want to make a part of their lives, I found myself reflecting on my own family's traditions things like the gift of Christmas Eve pajamas that I started with my son on his first Christmas to the cookies that my mom made every year and before that to the the white plastic reindeer that my grandmother gave me when I was little more than a baby and that still has a place of honor on my Christmas tree to this day...these are all traditions and at the heart of it our traditions are just another way of making memories that we  can store in our minds and our hearts long after the holiday has gone.

'Tutus and Tinsel' is a really sweet reminder that holidays like life can be as good or as bad as we make them. Zoe and Deacon didn't get the Currier and Ives Christmas but with the love and help of Lang, someone whom they loved and who loved them back what they could have was a holiday that gave them the happy times that would become happy memories.

Definitely recommended to warm your heart, make you smile and maybe leave you remembering those you love and the traditions that help shape your holiday.

*************************

A copy of 'Tutus and Tinsel' was graciously provided by the publisher in exchange for an honest review.