Apparently I'm on a role and it's not a good one...

Lincoln's Park (Links In the Chain #1) - Parker Williams, Tristan James

This is the second book that I've listened to recently that's been narrated by one of my favorite narrators and as much as I enjoy Tristan James's narration even that couldn't save things for me with this one.

I'm not going to dwell on this one for to long because..well, quite honestly it just was what it was.

Lincoln's Park was going along in ok mode for me for most of the book. It probably would have gotten 3 stars  up until the last hour of the audio book and then it was one of the biggest what the f*ck!!! Moments that I've encountered in a while.

There was a specific scene that well...I think it broke my brain because I'm still trying to understand how the hell anyone thought this was a good or workable idea. It involved one of the MC's having a confrontation with the other MCs father and brother...two minutes into things and my poor husband had to listen to me yelling at my laptop about how could anyone be that f*ing stupid and what the hell did he think he was doing? ? and who in their right mind would believe that this timid little mouse would even try this and on and on.

It threw me for such a loop that I was almost going to dnf but with less than an hour to go in the book I decided to suck it up and see if something would happen to redeem the story...trust me for me it didn't. I remained more than a little disappointed with Noel and to be honest he went from being the sweet, young man that Lincoln rescued and feel in love with to being and remaining the gold digger who turned out to just be a stupid f*ing idiot...what can I say sometimes it just doesn't take much and for me this was on of those times.

I won't even mention the BDSM...well, ok I will one of my friends said it best in here review 'it felt out of place' while I think my reasons may be a little different than her's were I definitely share her sentiment.

Maybe I was expecting to love this one as much as I did 'Runner' or '500 Miles' or even 'Before You Break' which was co-written with K.C. Wells all of those were solid 4 star reads/listens for me and I would happily revisit any of them but I'm pretty sure I won't be going back to 'Lincoln's Park' anytime soon...if ever.

*************************

An audio book of 'Lincoln's Park' was graciously provided by the publisher in exchange for an honest review.