'In an ordinary world filled with ordinary people...a little love can create something...extraordinary...

Kiss Me Again - Garrett Leigh

With 'Kiss Me Again' Garrett Leigh has firmly planted herself on my favorites list. I love stories with characters that aren't perfect...they have weaknesses, flaws, medical conditions...whatever...they're real. They're not outrageously attractive and dynamic with amazingly successful careers or simply loaded with money, etc. etc. in a word they're not perfect, they're just ordinary, everyday people...because that's the kind of characters that I can relate to the easiest...mostly because..."Hello, ordinary, everyday person right here."

In 'Kiss Me Again' we meet Tree Surgeon Aidan Drummond. Aidan's a loner he doesn't want his life complicated by things and people...until an accident lands him in the hospital in a bed directly across from the bed occupied by Ludo Giordano, the most beautiful young man that Aidan's ever seen. Ludo's in the hospital following surgery and to get his meds regulated. Ludo's Bipolar and that means he's not going to get better, his condition isn't going away at the best of times things will be managed.

I had more than a little appreciation for Aidan's struggles and determination to understand what being bipolar meant for Ludo and how it could impact his life...as someone who spent 15+ years working in community healthcare I found this to be dealt with in both an effective and compassionate manner.

From the first time they lay eyes on each other Aidan and Ludo connect. The connection that they share isn't a 'love-at-first-sight' connection. This is about two people who get each other they understand how the other's brain works, what makes them tick, what soothes them, what irritates them...they just get each other it's a bit of an inexplicable thing that just happens. It's like meeting someone for the first time but feeling like you've known them for years. That's how things start for Aidan and Ludo and during their hospital stay the bond that they felt when the first saw each other begins to strengthen.

When Ludo is discharged from hospital without so much as a good-bye to Aidan...Aidan returns to his solitary existence but he doesn't forget the beautiful young man who befriended him during his hospital stay and he knows he never will, he just doesn't know how to find him.

Aidan and Ludo once again come into each other's lives by happenstance and after getting off to a bit of an awkward start Aidan and Ludo begin to spend time together.

Aidan puts up the front of someone who doesn't care, who neither needs nor wants people in his life but Ludo sees past the facade that Aidan shows the world to the kind, gentle and caring soul that hides within. While Aidan sees past the condition that Ludo struggles to control to the beautiful soul within the man.

'Kiss Me Again' is a story about a friendship that found it's way to love. What captured my heart the most about these two men was how they fit, how each of them wanted to care for the other not by changing them but by being able to give them strength  when they were weak, by quietly filling their moments of need with strength.

From start to finish I was enchanted with the quiet and simplistic beauty that was Ludo and Aidan's relationship. 'Kiss Me Again' is about the magic of love in an ordinary world between ordinary people to create something extraordinary in their lives.

*************************

An ARC of 'Kiss Me Again' was graciously provided by the author in exchange for an honest review.