If you haven’t read Season One of Criminal Intentions…seriously?

The Golden Ratio (Criminal Intentions: Season Two #1) - Cole McCade

What are you waiting for there’s still time to remedy that situation and really you need to do that before getting into Season 2. Now, that you’ve been warned I’m going to try to explain how seriously incredible this series… specifically this episode is.

Right from the start Mal and Seong-Jae…that right there makes it worth reading every word. I could give you a fairly long list of m/m pairings that I really like but without question these two men would be on that list and very probably at the top. Mal and Seong-Jae are without question two of the most incredibly intense characters that I’ve ever encountered both as a couple and individually.

Season 2 begins with the return of several of the characters from Season 1 and while Seong-Jae and Mal are definitely the main characters, we’re also treated to glimpses of events that are transpiring in their lives as well as well as new characters and a closer look at some characters who's relevance to events are changing and some who have yet to be revealed.

Once again Soeng-Jae’s past is going to collide with his present and the consequences are going to be deadly. When a serial killer reappears after a 20 year absence, Mal and Seong-Jae find themselves pulled away from the place they’ve come to think of as home, by Seong-Jae’s ex, FBI Division Chief Aanga Joshi and they’re all about to find themselves going down a rabbit hole that’s far more deadly than anyone could possibly anticipate.

Already here in episode 1 of season 2 we're left with so many questions about a killer who's set to push the limits of everyone's endurance for the horror they leave in their wake and if that's not enough the impact that all this will have on Mal and Seong-Jae's relationship is sure to test it's limits. Without fail the one thing that I've come to expect whenever I start reading an episode of 'Criminal Intentions' is that my attention from start to finish will be consumed by the story.

There are a number of reasons for this the stories are a combination of the fact that this is simply a really well written story, with intriguing characters, a well laid out storyline and interspersed with both the expected and the unexpected. With everything designed to draw the reader in and keep them wanting more.

The buzz words for this season of CI seem to be 'Criminal Minds' meets 'Dexter' and I have to admit that I can't honestly speak to the validity of this since I've never watched 'Dexter', but what I can say is that for me there is still a solid feel of 'Criminal Minds' in this first story but regardless of whether you think 'Criminal Minds' or 'Dexter' while you’re reading this one by the end of the story if you've enjoyed it anywhere near as much as I did you'll be thinking "I want more...now...please."

One last note before I finish here...my sincerest apologies to the author for having been so tardy with this review. Sadly sometimes life is what happens while we're trying to do other things and sometimes as was the case for me...life demands that we set other things aside to deal with it and this is how we fall behind with some things...so now here I am diligently attempting to get back on track with this and CI is definitely at the top of my list as I attempt to keep up with some things and catch up with others.

*************************

An ARC of 'The Golden Ration Killer' was graciously provided by the author in exchange for an honest review.