There's a killer on the loose...

In Sequence (Criminal Intentions: Season Two #2) - Cole McCade

At the end of episode 1 we are left with the Golden Ratio Killer (GRK) heading off to 'begin' leaving the reader to wonder what dark and twisted plan he has in store and who his next victim or more accurately victims will be.

We get a peek at Sila who seems to have a strong interest in what the GRK has done so far and there are hints...so many hints...the question is what do they all mean?

Mal and Seong-Jae are firmly locked into the hunt for GRK and they've gone from Baltimore to Arizona and after a brief trip back to Baltimore, they find themselves heading for Seong-Jae's old stomping grounds...FBI Headquarters in Los Angeles, California...a place he never wanted to return to. Only this time he's not going back alone. He's returning with Mal by his side. Both men are firm in their conviction that together they will get through this and they will bring a killer to justice.

While Mal and Seong-Jae spend their days...very long days that often go well into the night hunting for the Golden Ratio Killer. They're nights are spent putting each other back together after dealing with the dark brutality and horror that they face as they track GRK from crime scene to crime scene and while there wasn't a lot of time dedicated to this in this story what we got was very, very hot and for me very indicative of the fact that the relationship between these two men is potentially at a critical point and how that will affect the dynamics between these two remains to be seen.

Once again there's a lot going on in this season of Criminal Intentions and it's gong to take patience and paying close attention on the part of readers to parse out what's connected to what and what's important.

While Mal and Seong-Jae are without question my favorite part of the series and honestly the intensity of their relationship is enough to hold my interest everything else really is just so much bonus and I think with the mystery that's building in this one readers are in for one hell of a bonus.

Meanwhile on the other side of the country things are still happening in Baltimore. How much of those things are connected to Mal and Seong-Jae remains to be seen, but I'm more than a little curious to see where things go with Anjuli and Gabi and it goes without saying that Min Zhe and Sade are a must in these stories my heart aches for them and I can't see a happy ending where they're concerned but I've still got my fingers crossed.

There was one other person who caught my attention with this story and that was Adelaide, I'm more than a little curious about her and I think like so many of the other characters contained within this series her's is not a simple or easy story. Now last but certainly not least we come to Joshi...for me the jury's still out on him...I'm hoping he'll do the honorable thing where Mal and Seong-Jae are concerned but only time will tell and I may have my fingers crossed but I'm not holding my breath.

I'd say that I can't wait for the next episode in this series but fortunately for me...I don't have to and I'll be jumping into it as soon as I write one more review and really the only other thing that I can say about this series that's of import is simply that "this is one hella' good series that deserves every minute of my reading time that I can give it."

*************************

An ARC of 'In Sequence' was graciously provided by the author in exchange for an honest review.