'Beautiful Music for Ugly Children' a truly beautiful book!

Beautiful Music for Ugly Children - Kirstin Cronn-Mills

Ok so now I've read this book and I can honestly say I need more stars for it, 5 does not begin to cover what this book deserves. let me start by saying that Beautiful Music for Ugly Children is a young adult book and while I do on occasion read them they are not normally my thing, however, this book caught my eye and I am so glad I gave in to the impulse to get it.

Kristin Cronn-Mills has dealt so beautifully with what is a very delicate and personal issue for many including myself. The references to music and the humor used throughout this story of a young persons struggle to become the person they know themselves to be in spite of what is reflected to the world through their physical appearance is told with humor, love and a wonderful insight into all the challenges that struggle entails. I don't think I can adequately explain how much this book touched my heart and soul. Gabe was such an incredibly real character for me and at times I saw bits of my own child in him.

I truly wish I had the words to express how much I love this book, to make everyone who sees this review want to read it. I laughed, I cried...god I cried so much and in the end I realized that if I was only allowed to read one more book this year, I would be glad it was 'Beautiful Music for Ugly Children'.