A universe of stars for Aristotle and Dante...

Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe - Benjamin Alire Sáenz

I'm serious now, have you read this book? Because if you haven't...well all I can say is why not? I know I've had it kicking around for a while now and was surprised when my son told me that not only was he reading it but that I had to read it because I was doing a great disservice to myself if I didn't. Needless to say this piqued my curiosity and I saw that it was already on my e-reader so I said ok, I'll finish what I'm reading and it'll be next.

Sometimes as parents if we're really smart we do what our kids ask us too. I am so incredibly glad this was one of those times for me. I love that my son wanted me to read this book it makes me hope that maybe...just maybe I did ok by him.

'Aristotle and Dante Discover the Universe' is straight up one of the best books I have ever read. Seriously if you are looking for a book about love, family, friendship, loyalty, finding yourself, being a young adult in a very confusing world, being an adult in a confusing world or just a really good story that will make you laugh, cry, gasp with joy at the beauty that is this world, rage at the cruelty we inflict on each other. This is it. I read this book and the closer I got to the end the more I wanted it just to go on and on.

I'm not even going to try and explain what happens because no matter how hard I try my words will fail to even come close to explaining the story that lies within the pages of this book. I could probably go on and on about how fantastic I think this story is but really if I do that I'm just keeping you from getting your hands on a copy and finding out for yourself.

So seriously, "Aristotle and Dante Discover the Universe" take the trip with them you'll really, really enjoy it.